I understand now, why there are people like Smith Wigglesworth that during his life time was so crazy about God’s Word, he even only ‘read God’s Word’ and didn’t want to read anything else. Because Smith was in a state of ‘addiction’ to the Word. People who are addicted to certain things will lose their appetite for other things. He will never find satisfaction if he has not interacted with the object of his addiction.
No wonder Paul also said that all he wanted was the knowing of God and considered everything else as trash. This was not just a ‘saying’ indeed Paul was in a state of ‘addiction’ to the Word!
- Continue to increase the love for reading the Word from day to day that we become more ‘addicted’.
2. Make sure that the reality of God that grips when reading the Word becomes even stronger. Today must be stronger than yesterday!
3. Keep believing, the growth of faith can only be obtained from His word, nothing else! Only by faith can we overcome the world!
4. Prepare a special time to dig into the Word with focus and depth!
5. Write down and declare every principle of the Word that we receive from the digging process that our minds will never run out of material for the process of contemplating the Word.
6. Force ourselves to read the Word when there is no more contemplation of the Word or when we no longer feel any fire inside. Do it until our minds go back focusing on the Word and our spirit is excited.
I understand more, there is no other way to live in His unshakable Kingdom than in His Word. When we live only in His Word, then our lives will function as God’s tabernacle in times of turmoil! Through the Word of eternal life that we give, they will experience an encounter with God.
Matthew 24:35 (NIV) : Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Revelation 21:1-4 (NIV) Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
Ps. Steven Agustinus
Get Daily devotionals of Ps. Steven Agustinus (text & quote) delivered into your Whatsapp Messenger, by registering:
Send to: +62 888-6132-106