Acts 1:8 (NIV) But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
The phrase “comes on you” (Acts 1:8) is written in the Greek word “Eperchomai” which can be translated as: Influence, take over, or operate within life.
Moments when the Holy Spirit takes over in our daily lives or in worship or prayer will occur more and more frequently. At the same time, the Holy Spirit will “operate” our heart to align it with the thoughts and feelings found in Christ Jesus. For a long time, many worship services have been arranged with various liturgies that make them look very neat, but the time will come when the Spirit will make them “messy”. The Holy Spirit will arrange and move according to His will to produce permanent impact.
1 Kings 8:10-13 (NIV) When the priests withdrew from the Holy Place, the cloud filled the temple of the Lord. And the priests could not perform their service because of the cloud, for the glory of the Lord filled his temple. Then Solomon said, “The Lord has said that he would dwell in a dark cloud; I have indeed built a magnificent temple for you, a place for you to dwell forever.”
1. The essence of Christian life is to be connected to reality of God.
God can communicate with us, and we can feel His presence. We can reach out to Him, and vice versa. All of these are normal occurrences in our daily lives.
2. The manifestation of His presence with various supernatural forms, such as “clouds, smoke, and various other things” that surround the room where we are, will increasingly occur to declare the sovereignty of His power.
3. God is “very thirsty” to touch the lives of many people and cause dramatic and drastic changes in the hearts of people.
4. The need for God will emerge from within us as the song of His Holy Spirit and touch the lives of many people.
5. The time of pouring out of the Spirit is getting closer.
I feel that the Holy Spirit continues to urge me to fill this inner being with the fullness of His reality and Word. So that whoever we interact with, the outpouring of the Spirit can flow out from within. Focus on this agenda, because a great revival is already in sight! Hallelujah!
Ps. Steven Agustinus
Get daily devotion of Ps. Steven Agustinus (text & quote) every day sent to your Whatsapp number, by registering:
Send to number 0888-6132-106